World Odyssey Mix - DJ UMB - Episode 2
DJ UMB is a renowned ‘conceptual’ DJ in his own right and is one of two guys behind the award winning Generation Bass Blog (www.generationbass.com) DJ UMB and his blog partner Vince have been exposing some of the hottest new trends in global/electronic/dance hybrids. From Dubstep, Kuduro, Cumbia, Barefoot, Kwaito, Laser Bass, Moombahton and more. In short the blog has pioneered a host of exciting new sounds that they describe as "Transnational Bass".
Having amassed over 3 million visitors since 2009 and the fact that as a selector I have massive respect for DJ Umb’s musical stylings it seemed a perfect idea to ask DJ Umb to deliver a World Odyssey Mix of sounds that are rocking his and Generation Bass’s World at this moment in time.
DJ UMB says.....
So what is Transnational Moombahton?
Everything is Transnational in this world, we are all ONE...that's my point about Transnationalism...I wish the world would share this view! It's painful that it doesn’t!
Almost 3 years ago I dabbled with Transnational Dubstep, which resulted in the "Calling" series of mixtapes, which gained an underground cult following worldwide much to my annoyance and displeasure :-) Just last year this resulted in a fully fledged CD release on the Six Degrees Label in the States, "Generation Bass Presents Transnational Dubstep" and the CD gained artistic and critical acclaim worldwide much to my frustration :-)
I chose this time around to do the same with Moombahton!
Moombahton is one of the most exciting and dynamic genres around nowadays in EDM. Of course I have been there with it since day one and I have witnessed how it has grown, diversified and improved as time has gone on.
I'd like to think our blog played a crucial & influential role in the development of this genre in opening up the minds of the producers involved in it so that they would not shy away from experimentations with music from territories far from the essence of what Moombahton initially represented.
So this mix represents the worldwide appeal and influence of Moombahton and showcases its innate ability to mutate in order to suit music from all part of the world, be it the Middle East, Asia, Eastern Europe, Africa and of course South America!
Available to stream, download and as a podcast on i-Tunes exclusively here http://www.globetronica.org
- AIWA – INTERLUDE (Wikkid Records)
- AFRUXX – PETRA )White)
- HEARTBREAK – JAZMINE (Girls Music)
- NATACHA ATLAS – KEFAYA (NEKI STRANAC REMIX) (White)
- SLAP IN THE BASS – EGYPT (NEKI STRANAC REMIX) (White)
- STICKY K – PERSIAN ALGEBRA (Jeffries)
- DJ MELO – SONG FOR MY CHILDREN (White)
- HEARTBREAK – CHAVVI (White)
- RISHI ROMERO/FREDDY DE MAJUNGA – AFRICAN FOREST/COOL COOL (PWEZDA MOOMBAHSOUKOUSS REMIX) (White)
- RISHI ROMERO – RAIN FOREST (OBEYAH REMIX) (Sol Selectas)
- SHAZALAKAZOO - BANG! (Generation Bass)
- CHONG X – DOBRY DEN (Generation Bass)
- INDIAN GIANTS – FAT & UGLY (JABO REMIX) (White)
- A TRIBE CALLED RED – MOOMBAHWOW (White)
- ETC! ETC! & DUST ONE – OOCHIE (White)
- SAZON BOOYA – ASIA INFLUENCIA (Rot10 Music)
- BANDISH PROJEKT – MUMBAITON (Generation Bass)
- TROWA – BOOCHIE BOOCHIE BANGO (Play Me)
- ETC! ETC! & KID CEDEK – DEM BOYZ (White)
- UFO! – REPTILLIAN SEX PARADE (White)
- ETC! ETC! FEAT. LORNA – RAKATA! (White)
- JAY FAY FEAT. BOOGAT – EL SERRUCHO (Generation Bass)
- CABO BLANCO –LA FIESTA (Generation Bass)
- MUNCHI – GRACIAS (Sol Selectas)
- SABO – FR33KY EGYPT (Sol Selectas)
- BJORK FEAT. OMAR SOULEYMAN – CRYSTALLINE (OMULU MOOMBAHTON REMIX) (White)
- Z SONIC – 93, AVENUE ROI BAUDOUIN (Generation Bass)
- NOHA – PIJAMA (MENDEZ vs DJ MELO Remix) (El Cuco Recordings)